Welcome again…This is my Diary entry for May – its been a quiet month for me in terms of investing as the prices ZOOM upwards again and the amount of bargains disappear! I am still very busy with work and a bit of home schooling work so haven’t spent as much time as some other months looking at investments… Sometimes being busy is a useful distraction to keep me from over trading etc!
I’m writing this on the 5th of June 2020
None of this is advice or recommendations.
- Number of Holdings 37 at month end. (No change since last month)
- Calendar YTD -12% (Can I make it back to positive territory?)
- Buy Trades 3 (3 Top ups & 0 New Holdings)
- Sell Trades 0
This month seem a big drop in activity for me with only 3 trades in the month vs 10 last month! I suppose it makes sense because prices are higher now and not so many bargains to be found.
Although I am heavily invested in the markets I still retain some caution due to the possibility of a second wave of COVID-19 as the lock down is lifted. If this were to happen we would see another market melt down and so I won’t be pushing all my funds into the markets just yet just in case!
I bought more of the following topping up existing holdings at better prices.
- Codemasters @275p on the 1/5/2020. I noticed that Slater Investments had increased their holding here from around 5% to around 10% so that made me take another look. I still think this is one of the better value gaming companies around.
- PCF Group @21.95p – This was and still is one of my smallest holdings due to the risk involved but thought it was time to double the holding at the current price, hopefully it proves to be a discount.
- Reach PLC @87.2p Increased my holding here hoping that we are past the worst for the company, hopefully they can grow their digital audience to give more future resilience.
None… Sometimes doing nothing is the best thing to do…
Thanks for reading and don’t be afraid to comment below with your thoughts! Explore the rest of my website and have a look at my current holdings!
Quote of the month
“The stock market is a device for transferring money from the impatient to the patient.”– Warren Buffet
My Portfolio Allocation
Sorry, but I didn’t take the time for this section this month too much else to do…